Spousal Support: Virginia spousal support is available to married, but separated parties. Petitioning the court for spousal support can be confusing, if not difficult. First, there are two different courts that can grant you spousal support. The juvenile and domestic relations courts can grant spousal support as well as circuit courts. Second, there are to different kinds of spousal support:
- Temporary spousal support: this spousal support is granted on a temporary basis. Temporary spousal support is granted while the parties are separated, but not yet divorced.
- Post Divorce Spousal Support is granted as part of a final divorce. Post divorce spousal support can be for a period of time, in a lump sum or for an “undefined duration.”
Whether you are being asked to pay spousal support or you are seeking spousal support from your spouse, call Critzer Cardani PC to discuss your options with an experienced family law attorney.
Spousal Support – Critzer | Cardani PC offers a wealth of free media about our practice areas and real life legal situations you may find yourself in through our What To Do When… A Dummies Guide to the Legal Verse legal chat podcast. We are here to help you, and What To Do When.. is one reason why our legal services set us apart from the rest.
- What To Do When… Video Player + our legal chat podcast Subscription Channels.
- Critzer Cardani YouTube Channel.
- WTDW Podcast | Episode 22: What To Do When… You Have an Order That Needs to be Enforced.
- WTDW Podcast | Episode 24: What To Do When… You’re Moving After Custody Has Been Determined.
- WTDW Podcast | Episode 38: What To Do When.. You’re Faced with Parental Kidnapping.
- WTDW Podcast | Episode 44: What To Do When… You Become a Blended Family.
Excerpt – from Partner Spotlight Video Release from Jackie Critzer – Hi, I’m Jackie, I’m one of the partners here at Critzer | Cardani. I’ve been practicing law since 2005, primarily practice in the areas of family law and bankruptcy. Family law really consists of divorce, separation, child custody, support, both child support and spousal support. Watch Jackie’s Partner Spotlight video on our CCLawVA YouTube Channel.